[Starlingx-discuss] 4.0 Layered Build Status?

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 22 01:55:46 UTC 2020

On 7/21/20 6:32 PM, Khalil, Ghada wrote:
> Hi Nick,
> I have not seen a sanity for the 4.0 branch w/ the layered build.

That's because we have not gotten a good build in the past week due to
issues with Cengn and getting Jenkins configured correctly.

> Saul/Davlet,
> Can you please clarify the cadence of both the 4.0 monolithic and 4.0 layered builds?

We shifted the build team meeting and had it this morning, the notes can
be found in the build team etherpad[0]. The short version is that Davlet
has been looking into the current issue (missing helm charts), not sure
of the status there.

Frank is considering if we can release with only Monolithic build for
stx4 and not support layered, I think it's important that we follow
through on the layered build plan for 4.0.

Layered should be building nightly, monolithic for 4.0 was on-demand and
is should be rebuilt today (again, not sure of the status), I don't see
a build yet.

We will no doubt spend sometime on this in the community and release
meeting this week.

Sau!

[0] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-build