[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (July 22, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jul 22 14:33:36 UTC 2020

>From today's meeting...

* Standing Topics

      * Sanity

            * 4.0 layered builds are back to normal
                  * last night's build was successful and includes the helm charts:
                        * http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/4.0/centos/flock/20200722T075638Z/outputs/helm-charts/
                  * sanity to be triggered again - underway
                  * layered builds are being built nightly now

      * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
            * all cores to look at cherry-picks for the stx.4.0 branch
            * Branch Query: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/projects:+starlingx+branch:r/stx.4.0

* Topics for this Week

      * status of Centos8 work (Bart)
            * the work is at a stand-still currently, it's not being worked on now
                  * and no current plan to carry this on for stx.5.0 now
                  * AR: add this to the TSC agenda
            * see https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-distro-other
            * short summary : http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-July/009227.html

      * stx.4.0 bugs
            * currently 16 open: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.4.0
            * latest email on this: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-July/009236.html

      * PSA: making OpenStack rebase easier and more predictable
            * etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-openstack-rebase

      * tagging of the stx.4.0 release branch
            * info: Scott will do next week while Saul is out

* ARs from Previous Meetings
      * nothing this week

* Open Requests for Help

      * AIO Duplex Setup with 2 NICs: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-July/009242.html
            * networking team?  Bill will ask Steve W to have a look

      * upgrade stx.3.0 to stx.4.0 : http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-July/009205.html
            * Bart noted that this will require a re-install

* Build Matters (if required)
      * nothing this week