[Starlingx-discuss] Tagging for stx.4.0 release

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 22 15:31:21 UTC 2020

Scott,

As you know I looked into both the root/build-tools/branching scripts
and the tools/release scripts.  I chose the tools/release scripts since
they handled the branching better (it created the .gitreview).  Both
sets of scripts will probably work correctly for tagging, but neither
handle the creation of the manifests correctly for the tag and now for
layered build also, this would have to be done by hand initially.

I do have a story[0] and folks assigned to fix the manifest issue, but
that won't be fixed by next week.

I think you are know the basics since you did this for the 3.0 release.
You need to create the 4.0.0 tag for all repos and then create the
stx.4.0.0-default.xml (which I guess is what you use for jenkins).  I am
thinking you will also need to create stx.4.0.0-*.xml for the layered
build. All the release specific xml files will need a
<default remote="starlingx" revision="refs/tags/4.0.0"/> line.

There was some discussion about also tagging the ryu and
stx-openstack-ras repos, but I am not sure who owns those, for the
stx.4.0 branch, I added a git SHA.

I might be up and around by Thursday, but with limited time.

Sau!

[0] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007926