[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-07-22

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Jul 22 21:52:30 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-07-22
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  12  [6 were already merged and then cherry-picked into the R4 branch]

All -- bug status -- 4 total
[ww29] 2: Doc suggestions [not started-defer till after R4], Rename "active-backup" [WIP-low]
[ww25] Remove hardcoded "r1" in build scripts & docs [defer till after R4]
[ww20] Networking documentation [defer, may be resolved after WR docs are upstreamed]

Reviews in progress:
Several reviews related to Rook
Rook migration editorial  NOT officially in r4.0 but code will merge quickly afterwards. AR MARY figure out how to handle. Should be tied to the code merge -- Orig review 723291 has link to story https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005527
Install Rook virtual https://review.opendev.org/#/c/724623/
Install Rook AIO-simplex https://review.opendev.org/#/c/742102/
Update Backup & restore guide for rook https://review.opendev.org/#/c/739900/

All -- R4 target content: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&tags=stx.4.0&project_id=1046
WIP - TSN for Kata Containers https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006746

All -- Opens
The "Version" dropdown on the HTML pages is implemented and shows "Latest" aka Master branch. Next step is to figure out how to show the different release tags.
Ildiko suggested:
Look at the OpenStack manual repo, especially the www/templates folder here: https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-manuals/src/branch/master/www/templates
OpenStack doc tool scripts: https://docs.openstack.org/doc-contrib-guide/doc-tools/scripts.html
OpenStack template generator: https://docs.openstack.org/doc-contrib-guide/doc-tools/template-generator.html
Ildiko will talk to Jimmy on our team who can maybe help figure it out or can provide background on how STX docs got started.

Release Notes for R4 -- AR Mary put time on Bruce's calendar to create the first pass of the RST file, then include others. Ildiko will use it as the basis for the R4 announcement blog post.

For R5.0: we want to improve the process for release notes, get the RN content earlier in the dev cycle and give the developers a template of the basic info that is needed.
OpenStack has an automated process with a script/template to fill out -- this is more automated than we need.
We will do something simpler. Develop a process to capture the info from them. Using a review would be better than etherpad or google doc (links can get lost).