[Starlingx-discuss] October/November PTG Date Selection

Kendall Waters kendall at openstack.org
Mon Jul 27 15:02:10 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone!

We wanted to get your input on the best dates for holding the PTG now that its been annouced that the Summit itself will be virtual[1].

Please fill out the CIVS poll by August 3 at 15:00 UTC. We really appreicate your feedback!

Poll: https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/vote.pl?id=E_a69944444a9b7c93&akey=3eccaa5b4fa5cfe6 <https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/vote.pl?id=E_a69944444a9b7c93&akey=3eccaa5b4fa5cfe6>

There are obviously many pros and cons to each option, below are the conflicts/reasons why we might not want to select that option.

Option 0 - Two weeks before Summit (October 5-9)
Conflicts with RC work
External Event Conflicts: None?
Option 1 - One week after Summit (October 26-30)
Halloween on Oct 31
Perfect for release timing but event fatigue is a real concern
External Event Conflicts: Open Source Summit EU, ODSC Open Data Science Conference East Cloud Foundry Summit EU, KVM Forum
Option 2 - Two weeks after the Summit (November 2-6)
USA Election day on Nov 3; could be a distraction, contributors needing to go vote (whatever that looks like with the virus), news, etc.
Event Conflicts: None?
Option 3 - Three weeks after the Summit (November 9-13)
Pushes far into the cycle (4 weeks after previous release, a bit late, Veterns day/holiday - may affect France and Germany and US)
External Events Conflicts: VMWorld EU

-The Kendalls (diablo_rojo & wendallkaters)

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-July/016068.html <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-July/016068.html>