[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes 5/27

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Mon Jun 1 02:07:32 UTC 2020

PTG starts tomorrow – all are welcome – Etherpad here: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-virtual-PTG-June
Please put your name on the etherpad if you plan on joining.

Notes from TSC Meeting:

  *   Final prep for PTG - Starts June 1st
o    Airship joint session during the Monday time slot, they would prefer some time earlier (ildikov)
§  Airship plans to share their project changes
§  Do this first and then move to StarlingX PTG agenda.
§  Ildiko confirmed

  *   License review process - please read prior to meeting
o    https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/licensing.html
§  OpenStack mandates (and ensures via a legal agreement) that all software written is made available under apache license version 2; it is possible because all code is written within the project
§  Some of OpenSTack's software can be considered derivative works of its dependencies, so the OpenStack Requirements team reviews the licenses of dependencies as they're added, tracked centrally in a single file: https://opendev.org/openstack/requirements/src/branch/master/global-requirements.txt
§  In addition Zuul has some software derived from ansible under GPL, v3: https://opendev.org/zuul/zuul#user-content-license
·         As stated on the page above, they make sure that the comments at the tops of individual source code files reflect the corresponding licenses for them
§  Are we covered on the integrated pieces - vs Flock code.  Depending licenses - what else do we need to do?  Cover in PTG - find a time slot, so foundation people can help guide us.  We just need to document the approach.

  *   TSC election
o    https://review.opendev.org/730969