[Starlingx-discuss] Subcloud on a Virtual Machine

Alfredo De Luca alfredo.deluca at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:05:03 UTC 2020

Hi all.
For testing purposes we are trying to install a subcloud on a VM (Openstack
to be precise) but we get a couple of errors as below. Booting from an ISO
(STX 3.0) we get this

1.  ERROR: Specified installation (sda) or boot (sda) device is invalid.
then I supposed the ISO is looking for a device *sda* .. so we fixed that
but then another issue occurred and the error now is
2. Disk "" given in clearpart command does not exist.
Now I wonder if it is possible to install that on top of a VM and also what
could it the fix for the second error.
Any idea/clue?

Cheers

--