[Starlingx-discuss] [build-report] STX_build_layer_flock_master_master - Build # 132 - Still Failing!

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 3 22:08:29 UTC 2020

On 6/3/20 2:01 PM, Scott Little wrote:
> No I don't think that would work.  We can't have two versions of the
> same package competing for dominance within the mock build
> environments.  i.e. on time pkg X builds against 13.2.2, the next time
> against 13.2.10.  The outcome dependent on the vagaries of job
> scheduling, build speeds, and any other number of factors.  If you
> compile against 13.2.10, will you run ok vs 13.2.2.  I wouldn't want to
> bet on it.
>
> The build layering solution might be to throw it in it's own layer.
>
> Until we are 100% committed to build layering, we need to converge on
> ONE version of ceph.

Ok, so one option is to move to Ceph 13.2.10 or drop the existing
package list update that brings in the python3 and related Ceph packages.

Do we need to at least revert that commit in-order to get the build
working again?

We might need to spend a few minutes to hash this out tomorrow morning
at the PTG.

Sau!

> Scott
>

> On 2020-06-03 10:52 a.m., Saul Wold wrote:
>>

>> On 6/3/20 1:47 AM, Liu, ZhipengS wrote:
>>> Hi Scott,
>>>
>>> For question #1,
>>>
>>> When we built openstack ussuri image which is python3 only.
>>>
>>> It needs python3-rbd and related dependency, so we add
>>> librados2-13.2.10 and related packages.
>>>
>>> For local built librados2-13.2.2-0.el7.tis.25.x86_64.rpm, it is for
>>> python2.
>>>
>>> Shouldn’t  we let the build choose local build first?
>>>
>> Following up on this we need to be careful about which we choose, as I
>> said in the other email is this a one-off issue or something that we
>> see more of.  So maybe an audit tool would help.
>>
>>> Another option is moving these packages to container layer, add
>>> rpms_centos.lst in config/centos/flock/?
>>>
>> I understand this option better after chatting with Zhipeng, I think
>> this might be the best option adding the Updated Ceph / RBD related
>> packages to the container list which will be used for the Usurri
>> container builds but not by the platform OS.
>>
>> This would mean that the containers would have Ceph 13.2.10 related
>> packages and the platform OS would be 13.2.2.  Would that cause
>> problems or stability issues?
>>
>> Sau!
>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Zhipeng

>>> librados2-13.2.2-0.el7.tis.25.x86_64.rpm over