[Starlingx-discuss] Subcloud on a Virtual Machine

Wensley, Barton Barton.Wensley at windriver.com
Wed Jun 10 15:09:48 UTC 2020

Alfredo,

We support installing StarlingX in VMs using either KVM or VirtualBox – see the instructions at https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/index.html.

We don’t have instructions for installing StarlingX in OpenStack VMs. To do this you would likely want to generate a qcow2 image (using KVM or VirtualBox). I can’t help you with this and based on the lack of response on the list I don’t think others have done this either. If you figure this out it would be great if you could share your findings with the community.

Bart