[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Adoption discussions in PTG

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 10 15:24:24 UTC 2020

On 6/10/20 12:32 AM, Imtiaz, Taimoor wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I was going through the PTG discussions and etherpads and came across
> the topic of community and users. Although I’m a new-ish member of the
> community, I’d like to highlight some things we can also look at:
>
> *Discussion Forums (Discourse, GitHub Discussions)*:
>
> We are using mailing lists for all discussions today. Most cloud-native
> projects are using Discourse forums (e.g. Kubernetes
> <https://discuss.kubernetes.io/>, Docker <https://forums.docker.com/>,
> LXC, LXD, LXCFS <https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/>, etc. – virtually
> everyone in this space is part of a Discourse community. I want to
> double-stress this point actually).

Your welcome to participate in those forums and report back if there are
issues, but I don't think we want to maintain 2 communication channels,
as I believe Discourse is both a forum and mailing list combined.

I know this has come up in the past, StarlingX as part of the OpenStack
Foundation chose to use IRC, as you point out below, IRC has been around
for a long time and it's used by many, many Open Source project beyond
just OpenStack.

Please come and participate in the community call [0] on Wednesday mornings.

Thanks for your input.

Sau!

[0]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#7am_Pacific_-_Technical_Steering_Committee_.26_Community_Call