[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - June 11/2020

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Sat Jun 13 03:11:40 UTC 2020

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

stx.4.0
- StarlingX has been confirmed as an openstack project. Yay! Congratulations everyone!
- Feature Status:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a93wt0XO0_JvajnPzQwnqFkXfdDysKVnHpbrEc17_yg/edit#gid=1107209846
- Feature Checkpoints:
      - Openstack Rebase to Ussuri
               - Test build failed, appears to be a package dependency issue
               - Need to have this resolved before allowing the code to be merged
               - Need to wait for the MS3 declaration until
               - Longer Term Discussion: How do we make rebasing to the openstack release easier and more predictable?
                        - Some ideas:
                                 - Increase our LAG after openstack by more than 6wks
                                 - Track master right away as opposed to wait for an integration when the openstack release is available
                                        - this was discussed before. why didn't we proceed with this at the beginning of stx.4.0? stability concerns?
                                        - May want to do that for the containerized services, but keep the platform pieces on a stable release
                                 - Get input from the Ussuri team on their suggestions on how to make this more predictable
                                 - Send thread to the mailing list and an etherpad to solicit input from the community members
                                        - Action: Ghada before next community meeting - June
                                 - Agreed to have a recommendation before setting the milestone dates for stx.5.0
      - Kubernetes Component Upversion - helm v3
               - Merging currently; should be in by EOW
      - B&R
               - Dev Complete. Only bugs remain; tracked under LPs.
      - System Upgrades
               - Dev Complete. All foundational code is in. Fixing bugs based on testing.
      - Flock Versioning
               - Agreed to defer to stx.5.0; will target to do early in the next release