[Starlingx-discuss] Met issue when configuring IPv6 duplex system

Chen, Yan yan.chen at intel.com
Wed Mar 4 08:50:52 UTC 2020

Hi, Matt and all,

I met an strange issue when deploying an IPv6 duplex system. I need your help to check if anything I missed during the deployment.

I setup a container to run NAT64/DNS64 gateway on my test machine and 2 vms for a duplex system.
Except the gateway and the localhost.yml I followed everything as a normal ipv4 duplex system setup.
The controller-0 was unlocked and controller-1 can be installed via PXE, but when controller-1 finished installing and rebooted for the first time, mgmt network can only get the  PXE IP from DHCP server. Attached /var/log/anaconda/journal.log.
If I config the mgmt network on controller-1 with ipv6 IP manually, it can ping to controller-0 successfully.
Is there any special thing I need to do for a IPv6 setup?

And here's my localhost.yml:
---
system_mode: duplex

management_subnet: fd01::/96
management_start_address: fd01::2
management_end_address: fd01::50
management_multicast_subnet: ff08::1:1:0/124
cluster_host_subnet: fd02::/96
cluster_pod_subnet: fd03::/96
cluster_service_subnet: fd04::/112

external_oam_subnet: fd00::/96