[Starlingx-discuss] Chrony vs NTP in CentOS-8

Wensley, Barton Barton.Wensley at windriver.com
Fri Mar 6 15:57:21 UTC 2020

Hey Saul. NTP is currently a hard dependency as we have NTP specific CLIs/database/configuration entries in StarlingX. It is possible we could move to chrony in the future (if we decided that was the way to go), but we would likely have to support both ntp and chrony for at least a release as we'd need to allow a migration path for existing users of ntp.

So... short answer is there is a hard dependency.

Bart