[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team meeting minutes 2020-03-11

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Mar 11 22:49:52 UTC 2020

Hello All,
Thanks to Kris for setting up such great processes for STX docs and making my transition as smooth as possible. I'll do my best to continue what you started!
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  *   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  *   Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

Mary Camp
==========
2020-03-11
*        All -- reviews merged since last week:  2
*        All -- bug status -- no change
*        All -- R4 target content: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&tags=stx.4.0&project_id=1046

  *   Windows Active Dir content -- ready to add -- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007710.html
?  Add to config section under K8s (follow up with reference from R4 install guides, likely Remote CLIs for Access K8s)
?  Review available: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/712111/

  *   Upgrade Kubernetes version -- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007901.html (R4 new content)
?  Asked Greg where should this go? https://docs.starlingx.io/configuration/index.html  Kubernetes configuration section.
?  FYI, in the future there will be an upgrade feature for the whole STX. Probably K8s first, then STX, then orchestration for dist cloud.
?  Email thread has more questions/answers. Mary to include the folks commenting on the review.

  *   Assignment of R4 doc tasks -- will be discussed in this weeks build meeting -- confirm ownership (KRIS)
?  These stories have no assigned person:
?  Bring to Community call as opens/need owners. Email Bill Z with these links on Tues. so he can add to agenda for call.
*        https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006770 (How to use Backup & Restore)
*        https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006781 (K8s upgrade support)  [Angie supplied content, do I assign task to her? Yes after kickoff review]
*        https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007223 (update build guide w/ layered build info)
*        https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007222 (update dist cloud bare metal install w/ redfish info)
*        https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006588 (updates for Dist Cloud)
*        https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006866 (Cert config & management guide)
*        All -- Changes needed? [Deferred discussion till next week]

  *   http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007847.html - possible Ceph storage updates needed?

  *   http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007891.html - asking for more detail on AIO Simplex install

  *   http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-March/007909.html - asking after OpenStack SSL cert config. We have a general cert stub page....

  *   http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-March/007918.html - possible build guide updates needed?
*        All -- Opens

  *   Welcome Mary
?  Make Mary core reviewer on Docs. (Bruce completed this during the meeting.)
?  New role, mirroring Kris in transition
?  Thanks to Kris for setting up such great processes and making the transition as smooth as possible. You will be missed!

  *   Kris -- Transition plan: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-transition-plan
?  Need to update team page on the wiki:  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Docs_and_Infra
?  TSC has to formally approve this election. AR Bruce to take to TSC tomorrow. AR Mary/Kris update wiki afterwards to make the change.

  *   All -- Wiki status
?  Revisit planned migration of wiki content: lets close this out (see yellow). https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UJjUttsWQRyauATrip0wKGIxSO7DvyetDKmPwvEIDaA/edit?usp=sharing
?  Virtual Box wiki converted to RST file. Review available: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/711769/
*        When this gets merged, the old wiki topic will be removed, noted as deprecated. Keep going through to get these last few topics migrated.

  *   New reviews submitted:
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/712025/  Adds sentence about using a proxy. Needs wordsmithing.
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/712232/  Adds words around the download mirror text, but is specific to R3.
?  Mary look into genericizing text and/or add example? See how many release-specfic URLs are there. Could add an RST comment/label to ID the release-specific changes.

  *   New topics for us to document.  Both are coming from Intel field teams supporting customers (brucej)
?  Start by emailing Ghada for folks to contact for help on these topics:
*        High availability and failover mechanisms for applications and for SM.  [SM we may have in training in wiki, but HA and failover need more info (for industrial customers) Good idea to document best practices how to build these. ]
*        Networking - how to bridge / combine K8S and OpenStack networks for applications [Need to capture this info, but unclear who could provide this info. Need diagrams to show how it works externally.]

  *   Kris: here are two items she didn't have time to get to during her time on the STX project, might be interesting for us to dig into.
?  Suggestion to revisit the R4 content list/plan (stories) to see if anything was overlooked OR features have been added/removed? Don't want to be rigidly attached to the list. Do the real users have these concerns? How to prioritize? Get input from users via survey or another means, question on STX discuss. What are the undocumented areas? Someone who reps the doc team could attend each sub-team meeting to ask for docs feedback, gaps, areas of struggle, etc. Couple of questions, enlist key folks to bring it up.
?  Investigate if there are any analytics on the docs site, to see what's clicked most, what are folks searching for (incoming from Google).
*        All -- Ongoing tasks:

  *   STX in a box: (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622)
?  Draft in review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/
?  During meeting we discussed this idea and agreed it should be put on hold. Scott Little & Greg tried this, but were unable to make progress.
?  AR Kris to ping Sai and let him know the status. Thank him for his work, we're unable to close on this now.