[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX and Openstack installation

Dejan Muhamedagic dejan.muhamedagic at tttech-industrial.com
Tue Mar 17 10:00:56 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon, 2020-03-16 at 17:51 +0530, Abhijit Deodhar wrote:
> I am trying to install Openstack with StarlingX by following the
> instructions mentioned here:
> https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r3_release/openstack/install.html
>
> I completed the above steps and then I tried to access the local CLI
> using these steps:
> https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r3_release/openstack/access.html
>
> The document has this step:
> Configure helm endpoint domainĀ¶
>
> For a lab setup where I dont expect any queries from outside the
> localhost, Is this step required?

No.

> I skipped the above step and configured the clouds.yaml. I hit few
> issues:
>
> 1)  I cannot access the GUI using the <floating address>:31000 port
> from the browser?
> 2) The local CLI commands such as "openstack image list" keep failing
> with

Make sure that stx-openstack application has been applied (system
application-apply stx-openstack).

> controller-0:~$ openstack image list
> Failed to discover available identity versions when contacting
> http://keystone.openstack.svc.cluster.local/v3. Attempting to parse
> version from URL.
> Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)
> controller-0:~$ source /etc/platform/openrc
> [sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ export
> OS_CLOUD=openstack_helm

If you "source /etc/platform/openrc" then you cannot use the openstack
command line tools. Admittedly a bit confusing. So, just do the "export
OS_CLOUD=openstack_helm" in your terminal session and you should be OK
(providing that you created /etc/openstack/cloud.yaml).

Thanks,

Dejan