[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meetng - Apr 30/2020

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Mon May 4 13:12:08 UTC 2020

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

For our next meeting on May 7, we'd like to cover the status of the remaining features as well as the Feature Testing status. I'd like PLs/Feature primes/Test primes to attend the meeting or update the May 7 section in the etherpad.

Release Team Meeting - April 30 2020
stx.4.0
*        Feature Tracking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a93wt0XO0_JvajnPzQwnqFkXfdDysKVnHpbrEc17_yg/edit#gid=1107209846
*        Upcoming Feature Merges

  *   Kata Container Rebase
?  The 1.11 release will be available on 5/5. Date moved from 4/22
?  Moved the stx merge date accordingly to 5/15

  *   Containerize Ceph - Rook Integration: 5/5  / Prime: Austin
*        https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:%22ceph+containerization%22+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
*        Code complete / Code reviews are up. Requested cores to review

  *   K8s & Container Components Upversion
?  helm v3 is still outstanding. Expect forecast to be 5/15 or 5/22

  *   Kernel Upversion
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:4.18_kernel+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
?  Code complete and reviews are going through
?  Ghada to follow up with JimS on the two pending reviews

  *   Upversion Openstack services on host to train
?  Code merged, but still having build issues.
?  A number of LPs are raised:
*        https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1875945
*        https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1875976
*        https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1876229
?  It appears that the layered build failed on CENGN, but the monolithic build passed on CENGN
*        The failure is consistent on the layered build, but appears to be intermittent on monolithic
?  Agreed with Nick to start a sanity on the monolithic build until the above issue is resolved
*        stx-openstack apply issue should be resolved:

  *   Flock Versioning (PBR): 4/30  / Prime: Saul
*        Team had some lab issues and now has some time off
*        Will re-forecast to a couple of weeks 5/15 and see where we are at

  *   Ussuri Upversion
?  Reviews are starting to be posted
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:for_ussuri+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

stx.2.0.2 & stx.3.0.1 Mainenance Releases
*        No responses received for stx.2.0
*        One response received for stx.3.0

  *   Ghada to respond