[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] Need input/guidance on non-English guides

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu May 14 13:40:35 UTC 2020

Hi STX Community,
A review was recently submitted to StarlingX docs for a guide written in Chinese.
We are grateful for the contribution from the community, but it brings up several general issues.

There are 4 core reviewers on STX docs, which helps us spread the workload.
We haven't discussed non-English guides and whether or not anyone can review them.

The effort for managing synchronization and long-term maintenance of non-English guides is unknown.
We have concerns about English and non-English guides diverging after multiple updates/iterations.

How do other OpenStack / open source projects handle submissions for non-English guides?

We're requesting input and guidance from the STX community for non-English guides.
Please share your feedback with the list.

thanks,
Mary Camp
PTIGlobal Technical Writer | maryx.camp at intel.com<mailto:maryx.camp at intel.com>