[Starlingx-discuss] Adding Ian Jolliffe candidacy for StarlingX TSC role

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Mon May 25 13:53:25 UTC 2020

StarlingX is an exciting and growing project to which I have had the honor
and privilege to contribute to from its launch.   I am a founding member of
the TSC and over the past 2 years I have helped facilitate the TSC, welcome
new members and help guide the project from a technical perspective.  I am a
frequent speaker at industry events on the values of StarlingX and share my
passion for edge computing widely.  I see edge as having the ability to
transform people's lives through transformation of technology used in
communications networks, health care and transportation - StarlingX is a big
part of making that happen.
I have a deep technical knowledge of distributed computing and optimization of
edge focused solutions. I have helped out in the Edge Computing talk selection
committee for the Shanghai summit.
I was honored and humbled to receive a community award at the Denver summit,
for my contributions to the StarlingX project - [0]

On the TSC I would continue to have the following areas of focus:

- Continue to advocate for the 4 Opens model of development.
- My goal is to champion and contribute to increasing test focus a and culture
   of the project around test.
   - This area is so important to the health of any open source project.
   - This will help new developers contribute more easily and the project to
     grow the contribution base and speed of development.
   - We had a test focused Hack-a-thon and plan on working to set up another
     one later this year.
Growing the community, maintaining the technical relevance of the project and
continuing StarlingX's journey to a diverse and thriving open source project
are goals I want to contribute to for StarlingX.
Thank you for your consideration of me as a candidate to be re-elected to the
TSC for a second term.
[0] https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/open-infrastructure-community-contributor-awards-denver-summit-edition/