[Starlingx-discuss] starlingx Standard deployment with one controller

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Fri Nov 6 12:27:33 UTC 2020

Not really ... .

I mean you could just configure 1x controller in a standard configuration ... and you could even suppress the alarms related to the second controller missing ...

BUT you would not be able to make any post-install configuration changes to the controller that requires the controller to be locked, because the system will not allow you to lock the last controller in a system configuration ( ... suspect it won’t even allow you to force lock it ...).

AND you would not be able to apply a ‘reboot-required’ patch or upgrade with a single controller in standard configuration.

... so not really.

Greg.