[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX R4.0 Baremetal Duplex standard controller storage ironic deployment mode: Baremetal node not creation issue.

Akki yadav yadav.akshay58 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:25:03 UTC 2020

Hello Team,

I hope all are well.

*Setup:* StarlingX R4.0 Baremetal Duplex standard controller storage ironic
deployment mode. (I followed the official starlingX documentation for
deploying the setup.)

*Issue*:  At the time of "openstack server create" for launching baremetal
node, I came across the following multiple observations:

- Sometimes when I launch baremetal node on openstack, after one time pxe
booting, the baremetal node goes down again and then comes up and goes into
second time booting and gets stuck there in "Probing" state ( Seen on
node's console) *BUT* according to openstack horizon, it is up and running
and according to "openstack baremetal node show", it is in "Active" state.

- And sometimes when i launch  baremetal node on openstack, after one time
pxe booting, the baremetal node goes down again and then comes up, the
"spawning" state on openstack horizon  goes into ERROR.
Error seen in "nova-compute-ironic-0" container is :
"ERROR nova.compute.manager [instance:
edd447c6-12ac-49ba-b0bc-f419aff4892a] nova.exception.InstanceDeployFailure:
Failed to provision instance edd447c6-12ac-49ba-b0bc-f419aff4892a: Timeout
reached while waiting for callback for node
75210cc4-ad98-442d-ace1-89ce69467580"

- The baremetal node always takes near about 2 hours to be in "available"
state from "cleaning" and "clean-wait". Is it correct behaviour ?

Please guide me how to resolve this.

Regards
Akshay