[Starlingx-discuss] update for patch review comment https://review.opendev.org/#/c/726281/

Chen, Haochuan Z haochuan.z.chen at intel.com
Wed Oct 28 11:56:48 UTC 2020

Hi bob

I have update patch for your review comment for this patch
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/726281/

In this patch, I add check, when host lock and unlock,  in case this host with storage personality.
        if not ceph.is_rook_ceph():
            # Semantic Check: Avoid Lock of Host with recovering OSDs
            # First ignore: workers, simplex, hosts without OSDs configured
            if personality != constants.WORKER and \
                    not cutils.is_aio_simplex_system(pecan.request.dbapi) and \
                    pecan.request.dbapi.istor_get_by_ihost(hostupdate.ihost_orig['uuid']) and \
                    self._ceph.check_recovery_in_progress(hostupdate.ihost_orig['hostname']):
                raise wsme.exc.ClientSideError(
                    _("PGs in recovery state, rejecting %s action on %s as OSDs "
                      "of this host are getting up to date data from its peer "
                      "host. Retry once recovery completes." % (
                          hostupdate.ihost_patch['action'],
                          hostupdate.ihost_orig['hostname'])))

At first, "self._ceph.check_recovery_in_progress", this line will return fail, after duplex finish migration. This makes duplex host could not lock, after migration.
As rook deployed ceph-mgr has not enable restful module, and admin user has not created.

I update rook-ceph application in starlingx/rook-ceph project.
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/716792/  patchset 50

In this application's third helm-chart rook-ceph-provisioner, create key admin and add certification for "mgr/restful/controller-0/key", "mgr/restful/controller-0/crt"
"mgr/restful/controller-1/key", "mgr/restful/controller-1/crt".

So this patch could be abandon.
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/726281/

Please go on review my patch rook-ceph
Patch for rook-ceph deployment