[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - Aug 27/2020 & Sept 3/2020

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Sep 3 19:11:37 UTC 2020

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

Release Team Meeting - Sep 3 2020
- stx.3.0.1
       - All required code has been cherry-picked.
       - Ghada to send an email to Davlet to build a new stx.3.0.1 RC build and cc Nick for sanity/regression.

- stx.5.0
       - Major features are still un-resourced.
             - Email sent to solicit community contributions
             - Bill will add this topic on the next TSC call
       - Feature Candidate List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JbOQELqXG_GDoP1jo6YoRDytpTkJEs89TVimzvrqc_A/edit#gid=1107209846
       - Story Board: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&project_group_id=86&tags=stx.5.0

Release Team Meeting - Aug 27 2020
- stx.3.0.1
       - Not much progress on the cherrypicks. Bill will follow up this week and we'll decide by Monday if we go ahead.
       - Next step is to ask Davlet to build the candidate build
       - Need to line up the test team for sanity and possibly some targeted regression based on the commits

- stx.5.0
       - What do we want to change going forward?
             - Setup of CENGN Replica Environment
                     - Brought up in the stx.4.0 retrospective by Yong and seconded by Scott
                     - Action: Frank/Scott/Build team to make a recommendation on how to make this easier moving forward
             - stx.5.0 test initiatives??
                     - Want feedback from Nick and Yang
       - Release Risks
             - Feature Candidate List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JbOQELqXG_GDoP1jo6YoRDytpTkJEs89TVimzvrqc_A/edit#gid=1107209846
             - Major features are still not resourced
                     - Python3
                     - Openstack Rebase to Victoria
                     - CentOS 8 Rebase
             - Share with the community and solicit community contributions for stx.5.0
             - Also raise on the TSC call in two weeks as the unresourced features are table-stakes for the release