[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meeting] Docs site theme (was: Docs team notes 2020-08-19)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Sep 4 17:51:48 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-03 18:36:37 +0000 (+0000), Camp, MaryX wrote:
[...]
> Speaking for the Docs team, we 100% accept your offer to push the
> first review yourself! I will help with debug and testing as we
> figure out all the bits & pieces to be modified. Please shout if
> you need anything from me.

Doing my best not to dispel your (arguably misplaced) faith in my
abilities here, I've pushed up the beginnings of a series of changes
to make this happen:

https://review.opendev.org/750005

https://review.opendev.org/750006

The resulting preview from the docs build result on 750006 should be
using only the in-repo starlingxdocs theme and associated starlingx
Sphinx extension (both copied from openstackdocstheme with only the
most minimal adjustments made to get the build working). Still to do
are incorporating the branch selection change I abandoned for
openstackdocstheme earlier, and also there's still tons of
openstackdocs references which can be cleaned up and replaced, as
well as code handling OpenStack-specific workflows and layouts which
can be safely removed to simplify what's there.

Also, fair warning, I haven't even looked at the results yet other
than to make sure Sphinx can build the project locally on my
workstation, so this first iteration may have plenty of cosmetic
fixes needed for all I know.
--
Jeremy Stanley