[Starlingx-discuss] Deploying controller-1 and N number of worker nodes

open infra openinfradn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:48:30 UTC 2021

Hi,

Does the controller-1, storage and worker nodes install via PXE server
running on the controller-0?
When we should set the hostname for controller-1, storage and worker nodes?
at the boot prompt?
As per the installation guide, [1] we just need to set the hostname to the
new node and set personality at controller-0.
If controller-0 running a PXE, do we need to upload the boot image?

In this case, if we go with the maximum limit of compute/worker nodes, how
we can make the deployment faster?

Do we need to add one node per time?

[1]
https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r4_release/bare_metal/dedicated_storage_install_kubernetes.html#install-software-on-controller-1-storage-nodes-and-worker-nodes