[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 14-Apr-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Apr 14 20:18:57 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
14-Apr-21

All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  4

All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
13 LP are WIP against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority).
Those reviews are here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config
New on 10Feb21: Documentation needs to be updated for LAG and VLAN type interfaces [https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915285]

Status/questions/opens

R5 update:  reminder that Repos will be tagged & branched for RC1 tomorrow.
   That means any reviews that are merged after branching need to be cherry-picked into R5.
   Do Cherrypick live next week's meeting.

Version picker dropdown:
    Kevin has questions about zuul jobs for Jeremy from OpenStack dev team.
    Kevin plans to submit a review by end of week.

Will OpenStack be updated to 5.0 at the same time as StarlingX?
    No, they have already released the Wallaby release, but the OpenStack inside of StarlingX is not updated to that level.
    We want to be careful that features aren't released in docs before they are available in the software code.

PTG meeting next week - virtual.
   Look here for StarlingX etherpad for PTG:  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-ptg-planning-april-2021
   Look for email from Kendall Nelson about PTG registration.
   Mary will do a couple slides with an update on Upstreaming.