[Starlingx-discuss] Support for Python3.9

Short, Charles Charles.Short at windriver.com
Tue Aug 10 15:33:18 UTC 2021

Hello,

Recently it was decided to move from Centos to Debian as a base operating system for the StarlingX project [1]. Debian bullseye uses python3.9 as a base version for Python. In order to help the integration of python3.9 we have been adding new python3.9 gating jobs to gerrit.[2] Once the python3.9 gates start passing we remove the python3.6 gates and only support python2.7 and python3.9.

In order to facilitate developers access to python3.9 we have created as dockerfile[3] that developers can use to build a python3.9 docker container. The container uses Ubuntu Focal, with python2.7, python3.6, and python3.9 installed.

chuck

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/specs/+/780332
[2] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:py39-gate
[3] https://github.com/zulcss/stx-python