[Starlingx-discuss] How to deploy a stable release?

open infra openinfradn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 13:00:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have deployed STX r5.0 on end of May 2021 but same ISO [1] was used few
days ago, but the deployment failed [2].

Is this the same scenario if you install using the same OS image?
You can still install and use both Ubuntu 16.04 and Fedora 30 despite
missing security updates. You can upgrade the OS step by step if needed.

I would like to know the purpose of removing the v2.16.1 tag (mentioned in
the [2]) caused bootstrap fail.

It would be good if bootimage.iso and playbooks run smoothly, but introduce
an additional step to get enhancements/updates in the installation guide.
For example, if there is a new tag or configuration changes required, it
should be reflected in the installation guide.

In a situation where the bootsrap playbook must point to a new container
set, a new boot image can be introduced by replacing the previous
bootimage.iso.

[1]
http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/latest_release/centos/flock/outputs/iso/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1940696