[Starlingx-discuss] bootstrap/bringup-bootstrap-applications : Upload and apply applications

Captain captain_tx at 163.com
Mon Aug 30 08:11:45 UTC 2021

Hi,

I deploy starlingx according to the tutorial(https://docs.starlingx.io/r/stx.5.0/deploy_install_guides/r5_release/bare_metal/bootstrapping-from-a-private-docker-registry.html).
I'm always stuck in the following step:
task [bootstrap/bringup-bootstrap-applications : Wait until application is in the applied state] failed. Could you please help me? Thanks.
Steps:
1. Bare metal All-in-oneDuplex Installation R5.0
2. Configure IP connectivity
3. I setup a private HUAWEI Docker registry to use for bootstrapping. ( reference: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-April/011249.html )
4. ansible-playbook /usr/share/ansible/stx-ansible/playbooks/bootstrap.yml

The following error occurred during step 4. Issues:
TASK [bootstrap/bringup-bootstrap-applications : Upload and apply applications] ********************************************************************************************************************
included: /usr/share/ansible/stx-ansible/playbooks/roles/bootstrap/bringup-bootstrap-applications/tasks/upload_and_apply_application.yml for localhost => (item={'/usr/local/share/applications/helm/nginx-ingress-controller-1.1-15.tgz': None})
included: /usr/share/ansible/stx-ansible/playbooks/roles/bootstrap/bringup-bootstrap-applications/tasks/upload_and_apply_application.yml for localhost => (item={'/usr/local/share/applications/helm/cert-manager-1.0-15.tgz': None})
TASK [bootstrap/bringup-bootstrap-applications : Wait until application is in the uploaded state] **************************************************************************************************
FAILED - RETRYING: Wait until application is in the uploaded state (3 retries left).changed: [localhost]
TASK [bootstrap/bringup-bootstrap-applications : Wait until application is in the applied state] ***************************************************************************************************
FAILED - RETRYING: Wait until application is in the applied state (30 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Wait until application is in the applied state (29 retries left).
FAILED - RETRYING: Wait until application is in the applied state (28 retries left).

When I checked the ansible playbook, I found an error in "upload and apply applications]". Nginx ingress controller is always created unsuccessfully, which shows that the image pulling fails. Is this a network problem and how to solve it?

Kind regards,
Xurong Zhang