[Starlingx-discuss] Cannot configure controller-0 on subcloud after bootstrapping from central cloud

Owen Yuen OwenYuen at cmail.carleton.ca
Mon Feb 1 18:46:26 UTC 2021

Thanks Bart,

Another question:
I want to clarify in the distributed cloud setup, when running the config_management script it asks for the “management interface address CIDR”.
Is this address referring to the oam_node_0_address or the oam_floating_address?
For instance, in https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r5_release/virtual/aio_duplex_install_kubernetes.html if I had followed the example for the “minimal config override file” provided, would I use the 10.10.10.2 or the 10.10.10.3?

$ sudo config_management

Enabling interfaces... DONE

Waiting 120 seconds for LLDP neighbor discovery... Retrieving neighbor details... DONE

Available interfaces:

local interface     remote port

---------------     ----------

enp0s3              08:00:27:c4:6c:7a

enp0s8              08:00:27:86:7a:13

enp0s9              unknown

Enter management interface name: enp0s3

Enter management address CIDR: 10.10.10.?/24

Enter management gateway address [10.10.10.1]:

Enter System Controller subnet: 10.10.10.0/24

Disabling non-management interfaces... DONE

Configuring management interface... DONE

RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Adding route to System Controller... DONE

Thanks

Owen