[Starlingx-discuss] PTP4L configuration in StarlingX for custom sections

Venkata Ramana Veldanda Venkata.Veldanda at radisys.com
Tue Feb 2 13:26:09 UTC 2021

Hi

We are running an STX4.0/Simplex load and like to understand how we can add custom sections for PTP related configurations

We leverage "system service-parameter-add" to modify the parameters of existing sections in /etc/ptp4l.conf (for e.g. global section which is already there) but how do we add a new section. We tried to use "system service-parameter-add" and use the '-resource' field to update this but it doesn't get reflected in ptp4l.conf (even after running the apply command)

For e.g. we want to add a section like below in bold below

global]
dataset_comparison G.8275.x
G.8275.defaultDS.localPriority 128
#maxStepsRemoved 255
logAnnounceInterval -3
logSyncInterval 0
logMinDelayReqInterval 0
masterOnly 0
slaveOnly 1
G.8275.portDS.localPriority 128
hybrid_e2e 1
inhibit_multicast_service 1
unicast_listen 1
unicast_req_duration 60
domainNumber 44
step_threshold 0.0
first_step_threshold 0.00002
#announceReceiptTimeout 8
tx_timestamp_timeout 50
#
# Customize the following for slave operation:
#
[unicast_master_table]
table_id 1
logQueryInterval 2
UDPv4 192.168.2.100
#
[enp134s0f1]
unicast_master_table 1
network_transport UDPv4

We tried this with no luck (although it gets added to system service-parameter-list)
2021-02-02T18:47:23.000 controller-0 -sh: info HISTORY: PID=438513 UID=42425 system service-parameter-add ptp enp134s0f1 unicast_master_table=1 --resource enp134s0f1

Venkata Veldanda