[Starlingx-discuss] Controller-1 won't come online after "system host-update 2 personality=controller"

Owen Yuen OwenYuen at cmail.carleton.ca
Tue Feb 9 20:19:02 UTC 2021

Hi I’m configuring a distributed cloud AIO duplex setup with 2 subclouds.

On the second subcloud I’ve successfully bootstrapped con-0 but I’m having issues unlocking con-1

After I start con-0, I go on con-0 and do the “system host-update 2 personality=controller” command and wait for con-1 to reboot but after waiting over an hour it still says offline

[sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system host-list
+----+--------------+-------------+----------------+-------------+--------------+
| id | hostname     | personality | administrative | operational | availability |
| 1  | controller-0 | controller  | unlocked       | enabled     | available    |
| 2  | controller-1 | controller  | locked         | disabled    | offline      |
| 3  | None         | None        | locked         | disabled    | offline      |

Also I don’t know why ID: 3 showed up when it wasn’t there before.

When I try to console into con-1 it says “waiting for this node to configured”.

Any helps is appreciated, please let me know how I can find log files to help further troubleshoot.

Thanks

Owen