[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Feb 10, 2021)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Feb 10 15:57:53 UTC 2021

>From today's call:

* Standing Topics

      * Sanity
            * seems to be green of late

      * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
            * none this week

* Topics for this Week
      * none this week

* ARs from Previous Meetings
      * no updates this week

* Open Requests for Help
      * [STARLINGX 4.0] APPLICATION UPLOAD GETTING FAILED - with LAG Interface
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-February/010779.html
            * Greg suggested raise 2 Launchpads - one for s/w, one for docs
               * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915285
               * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915231

      * [HSC] - Openstack STX Application TAR upload failure - In case of LAG type Data Interfaces
            * [HSC] - Is there any way to preserve storage data in case we plan to migrate existing starlingx setup to a new StarlingX Release? (For instance StarlingX 4.0 to StarlingX 5.0)
            * [HSC] - Is there any future plan to support loseless upgrades in StarlingX i.e all VMs and data inside VMs is preserved while upgrading? Is there any way to upgrade StarlingX R4.0 to StarlingX R5.0 with zero down time and seamlessly migrating all the workloads (OpenStack VMs, Baremetals, Kubernetes Pods) as well.
            * Greg noted that StarlingX doesn't support Upgrades, but there are commercial products based on StarlingX that support this

      * [sanath]
            * I have completed with StarlingX installation. But Sanity test failed when I performed. Is there any other method to perform the test to ensure StarlingX is working.
                  * per Greg, consider deploying as AIO-SX if you just have the one server
                  * look in /etc/platform.conf to see how you're configured
                  * or do a system host show controller 0
                  * if configured as Standard, re-install as AIO-SX
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-February/010794.html
                  * [sanath] I have only controller-0, which acts as a master. Normally inorder to deploy something we need worker node. How do we add worker node to it?
                  * How do we deploy in StarlingX?
                  * Is there any demo which can show StarlingX has low latency?

      * STX AIO Virtual OAM_IP?
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-February/010777.html
            * per Greg, you have to be on the server to see the OAM IP, he'll respond

      * Help with StarlingX using Raspberry Pi
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-February/010783.html
            * Sanath withdrew the request

      * HostFs update failed: Not enough free space on cgts-vg
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-February/010788.html
            * no issue per se, other than to get more space

      * Upgrade MLNX-OFED to 5.2-2.2.0.0 in StarlingX-4.0 to latest
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-February/010801.html
            * seems like a feature request, will redirect to the TSC

* Build Matters (if required)
      *  nothing this week