[Starlingx-discuss] Questions on StarlingX upgrades

Pratik M. pvmpublic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 06:33:17 UTC 2021

Hi,
Looking at the URL below, I had a few questions to understand the overall
upgrade strategy.
https://docs.starlingx.io/specs/specs/stx-4.0/approved/starlingx-2007403-platform-upgrades.html

Q1: Can I assume that from R4.0 onwards, the intent is that all future
releases will support seamless upgrades for both minor and major versions.

Q2: Is downgrade an explicit non-goal?

Q3: Any hooks for non-stx applications to backup and restore their state?

Q4: For a simplex edge node, it involves a N+1 ISO (re)installation. Is a
more seamless option on the roadmap

Q5. For a simplex edge subcloud, possible to orchestrate this from the
central cloud?

Q6: Any non-goals for the seamless upgrade, like say CentOS upgrade?.

Any pointers to additional info are very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Pratik