[Starlingx-discuss] How low latency implemented in STX?

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Thu Feb 18 15:20:20 UTC 2021

There are several low latency features in StarlingX, depending on what you mean by low latency.

StarlingX supports the rt-linux kernel, which significantly improves kernel scheduling and reduces rt application latency.

It also supports OVS DPDK, which greatly reduces network packet delivery latency, which I believe is only supported today in Neutron.  There is work in progress in the community to enable DPDK in Kubernetes but AFAIK that work has not yet been picked up by StarlingX.

     brucej