[Starlingx-discuss] Private Docker Registries

Venkata Ramana Veldanda Venkata.Veldanda at radisys.com
Fri Feb 19 14:05:26 UTC 2021

Thankyou

I just realized that STX4.0 uses containerd as the runtime and have got the below question now. The registry that we use locally is a HTTP based.

In order to make changes to adapt to the insecure registry we tried to do the following but it never works.

/etc/containerd/config.toml

[plugins.cri.registry]
[plugins.cri.registry.mirrors]
# Begin of insecure registries
[plugin.cri.registry.mirrors."artifactory. myownregistry.com:8093"]
endpoint = ["http://artifactory.myownregistry.com:8093"]

[plugins.cri.registry.configs."artifactory. myownregistry:8093".tls]
insecure_skip_verify = true
[plugins.cri.registry.configs."artifactory. myownregistry:8093".auth]
username = "myusername"
password = "mypassword"

I understand that the /etc/containerd/config.toml is not the right place to edit as this is not persistent but was expecting it to work for the first time. Would the same "system service-parameter-add" works even for this or is there any other API to do this?

Regards,
Venkata Veldanda