[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 24-Feb-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Feb 24 21:34:58 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
24-Feb-21
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  4

All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
  13 LP are WIP against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority). Those reviews are here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config
  New on 10Feb21: Documentation needs to be updated for LAG and VLAN type interfaces [https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915285]

Status/questions/opens

Juanita asked about PTP support? We suggested to ping Greg about this - we think maybe already supported on StarlingX.

Greg's email about reorganizing guides on main docs landing page - is it time to also remove older STX content that is duplicated in upstream guides?
   Ron, Juanita, and Greg have a regular meeting on Friday. They will discuss and come up with a plan. May set up a separate meeting just for this discussion.
   Possibly reorganize content without deleting duplicated info as a first step?

Mary started a review for R5 release notes as discussed at last week's meeting.
  https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/777433
  I will add it to the agenda for the next release meeting in 2 weeks.

Update on the version dropdown implementation from Kevin: he plans to submit a review next week.
  First review will be to implement the theme changes, then will add the version picker changes in a later review.