[Starlingx-discuss] Deploying StarlingX without Kubernetes.

open infra openinfradn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:58:09 UTC 2021

Hi Yong.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 5:33 AM Hu, Yong <yong.hu at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Danishka,
>
> There is NO such one dedicated flag to enable or disable K8s during the
> system deployment.
>
> Though, technically you can trim codes to make it. Roughly STX has done
> some work around K8s installation/configuration/deployment.
>
> Mostly the related code is existing in the following projects:
> starlingx/ansible-playbooks, starlingx/config, starlingx/stx-puppet,
> starlingx/ha, and starlingx/nfv.

Thanks for the information.

> BTW: what use cases or production scenarios make you have such a
> requirements or incentive?

I just asked to understand though I have no such use case.
To be honest I am new to both OpenStack and StarlingX (even I heard about
startling few days ago.)

Before installing StarlingX I am looking into available options and best
practises.

I have a few questions that not related to the subject of the original mail.

Should I deploy Openstack before installing StarlingX or StartlingX itself
deploy the required modules of Openstack?
Does StarlingX support CentOS Stream as the host OS?
Is there any specific performance tunning guide available for hostOS and
VMs?

Regards,
Danishka