[Starlingx-discuss] Intel N3000 FPGA & support for igb_uio module

Venkata Ramana Veldanda Venkata.Veldanda at radisys.com
Fri Jan 22 09:11:21 UTC 2021

Hi Team,

1]
I am using StarlingX 4.0 and trying to use the below guide to setup N3000 Vista Creek FPGA card.
https://docs.starlingx.io/configuration/intel_n3000_fpga.html

~(keystone_admin)$ system device-image-upload imagefile root-key pci_vendor
pci_device --key-signature key_signature --name imagename --description
description --image-version version

As part of my N3000 package I see some set of installer images, NVM package updates, iavf driver packages etc. However I am looking for the specific parameters that are highlighted above but I don't find. Anyone has an idea what does the file name look like for the root-key or the key_signature?

On my baremetal (CentOS vanilla) installation I was following the standard procedure defined "https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-ias-n3000.pdf" but there I didn't have to use any such key etc. Any help would be appreciated.

2]
Secondly, in StarlingX 4.0 I don't find igb_uio module present on the host. Is it currently supported as part of stx 4.0?
controller-0:~$ lsmod |grep igb_uio
controller-0:~$

Per documentation I see the below
The supported VF driver(s) are currently:
- igb_uio
- vfio

Venkata Veldanda