[Starlingx-discuss] BIOS settings (was: no subject)

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Jul 7 19:57:25 UTC 2021

I believe that the CPU C-state recommendation is to default to a
minimum-latency configuration since that is what most users want and
it's required to hit the published latency numbers.  The OS can override
the default setting, and we will do so for nodes configured as
low-latency (essentially we limit it to C1).  If the latency is not a
concern, then allowing deeper C-states shouldn't break anything.

I'm not sure about the "Plug & play BMC detection" setting, but it's
still recommended in the R6 docs at
https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r6_release/bare_metal/dedicated_storage_hardware.html

Chris