[Starlingx-discuss] [Debian Build]: Layout of the debian folder

ytao yue.tao at windriver.com
Mon Jul 26 07:33:39 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone:

You may have known Wind River team is working on the transition to
Debian OS, more details of the project can be found at
https://docs.starlingx.io/specs/specs/stx-6.0/. My purpose is launching
a discussion about the userspace packages transition to Debian. The spec
can be found at
https://docs.starlingx.io/specs/specs/stx-6.0/approved/starlingx_2008704_debian_transition.html

In order to inherit the existing userspace construction as much as
possible, our proposal is creating a 'debian' folder in same directory
with 'centos' folder for each package. For example, the dhcp package in
integ repo, it's centos folder is at:

https://opendev.org/starlingx/integ/src/branch/master/base/dhcp/centos

We will create a debian folder in same location

https://opendev.org/starlingx/integ/src/branch/master/base/dhcp/debian.

All materials in this folder control building dhcp under Debian host.
The "stx_deb_folder_layout.rst" is the layout of debian folder. I also
attach a couple of samples to demonstrate how to fill the debian folder
for a debian package and a 3rd package.

This layout is not the final version, I'm appreciated for any suggestion
from you.

Thanks,

ytao