[Starlingx-discuss] [Debian Build]: Layout of the debian folder

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Jul 31 14:35:35 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-31 14:04:24 +0000 (+0000), Tao, Yue wrote:
[...]
> As I mentioned before, some urls of 3rd part packages can’t be
> converted to a regex expression, so I think uscan may not suitable
> for downloading 3rd part packages. But uscan is a very powerful
> tool, probably we use it in other places.
>
> FYI the special urls.
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto/snapshot/linux-yocto-b44437fb32fe50b5664afd12098d928e1aaee111.tar.bz2
> https://api.github.com/repos/ceph/jerasure/tarball/96c76b89d661c163f65a014b8042c9354ccf7f31
[...]

I recommend reviewing the (very extensive) uscan manpage as the tool
has many options for working around such cases as well as
convenience modes for things like directly accessing Git
repositories or interfacing with popular but known-problematic sites
(SourceForge, GitHub, PyPI, NPM, Google Code). Check the examples
section for some watchfile options which may be exactly like what
you need for these cases.
--
Jeremy Stanley