[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 09-Jun-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Jun 10 00:33:26 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
09-Jun-21
 All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  22
 All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.

Status/questions/opens

Several reviewers are pressing for changes in commit messages - ie, where is the task/story info, why are they so long?
  Unclear why they are invested in the commit messages. Do we need to push back on this?
  Create "template" for commit messages for future updates. Add to parking lot for retrospective.

How to address the gap between WR Jira tickets and LP - Story/Task info, without having to replicate all the info in 2 systems.
   Is there a reason why we can't reference Jira numbers in the commit messages? This is a question for Greg.