[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 09-Jun-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Jun 10 02:55:33 UTC 2021

Hi Jeremy, that is exactly the issue we were discussing.
Sometimes the context is simply "a developer emailed the docs team to change this guide on line 23 from A to B."
If the commit message has the necessary details about the change, could the Jira number be just an identifier?
Or does having a Jira number send the message that a non-public system is being used?

In the example above, the simple change is opened as a Jira ticket and then is copied into LP to be linked in the commit message.
We were chatting about alternatives, because no one wants to update/track info in 2 systems if there's a more efficient method.
Appreciate your input -- good to know someone reads the docs meeting notes 😊

thanks,
Mary Camp
Kelly Services Technical Writer | maryx.camp at intel.com