[Starlingx-discuss] TSC and community call notes for 3 Mar 2021

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Mar 3 15:43:45 UTC 2021

TSC call

  *   No topics.

Community Call
Mar 3

  *   Standing Topics
     *   Build/Sanity
        *   Builds are working again after two build-breaking issues were reverted.
        *   Sanity tests are in progress.  Yesterday's report was Red due to a new defect - stx-openstack failed at the provisioning step.
        *   https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1917615
        *   https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1917308
        *   Suspected commit identified: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/config/+/773451
        *   Ghada pinged Frank Miller for his team to follow up
     *   Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
        *   Nothing this week
  *   Topics for this Week
     *   Starting the planning for STX 6.0 - looking for ideas, suggestions, etc... for new features
     *   PTG is the week of April 19th (week after OpenStack Victoria release) - we should come into those sessions with a candidate feature list
     *   Support for GPUs in OpenStack - might already there for PCI passthrough.  Nova and Cyborg are working on improvements.  Cyborg is not currently part of StarlingX.
  *   ARs from Previous Meetings
     *   None
  *   Open Requests for Help
     *   [HSC]
        *   http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-February/010929.html
        *   Is there any plan to support Centos 8 in upcoming Releases?  No, we do not plan to support CentOS 8
        *   Also since Centos 8 EOL is 2021, is there any plan to support any alternate OS?  Work is in progress to build a plan for support of an alternative OS. The work is coordinated through the OS/Multi-OS meeting (every other Wed at 6:30AM PST).
     *   [sanath kumar]
        *   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1phZPTh3IlpoqRLJQJTJA2puJxTtHWai_/view?usp=sharing
        *   On the context to above link, why is controller- 0 allocated with only 20GB out of 2.2TB? Is there any way by which we can increase the memory allocated to controller-0?
        *   We reviewed some screen shots on line.  Sanath please post the screenshots you shared with the community on the mailing list and community - please help!
  *   Build Matters (if required)