[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 10-Mar-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Mar 10 21:10:50 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
10-Mar-21
Reviews merged since last meeting:  3

Bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
13 LP are WIP against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority). Those reviews are here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config
New on 10Feb21: Documentation needs to be updated for LAG and VLAN type interfaces [https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915285]

Status/questions/opens

Greg told us that a LP is coming to update the CLI guides. The team agrees that the CLIs need to be updated (last published in R3).
Greg has an AR to gather the snapshot of what the R5 CLIs look like. We want to store the CLI dump in the repo so we can use it for future comparisons.

A CephFS review is coming from the WR team, it will be part of the storage guide. Juanita and Rafael are working on this.
Story: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008162

Rafael has submitted 7 reviews already to close the gap between pre- and post-upstream docs. He's making good progress.

Release Notes - Mary has the AR to send email to the STX discuss list that the WIP release notes file is available.
Feature leads are asked to add comments by 16 April. Comments should be a couple of sentences about the feature and link to the documentation (if any).

Theme updates - first review is merged. Waiting a week or so before next review to see if any issues crop up.