[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 12-May-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed May 12 21:00:57 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
12-May-21
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  13
All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.

Status/questions/opens

R5 release readiness - possible release next week.
   AR Mary update RN file with list of bugs, 2 possible "workaround" bugs.

Doc Reviews - how can we improve the process of +2s
  After the end of the month (downstream release) we should do a release retrospective and dicsuss process improvements, what worked, what didn't work, etc.
  Can always email or tag in review comment when reviews are "stuck" meaning ready for final approval.
  Also discuss doc conventions for future, expand to allow reference and more consistency.
  https://docs.starlingx.io/contributor/doc_contribute_guide.html

Where are the meeting recordings stored? AR Mary look for this.
     After the meeting, I found a link, however it only shows recordings for 2019 and 2020: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meeting_Logs#Docs_Team_Call

OpenStack theme question from Ron
  Downstream docs use 2 levels of theme (openstackdocstheme and starlingxdocstheme), they are not using the "plus" theme.
 "starlingxdoc:" is showing up in the downstream output.
  conf.py file changes aren't working to remove it.
  Mary suggests pinging Kevin Putnam to see if he has ideas on where that might be set.

Mary on vacation all next week. Need a volunteer to run this meeting.  :)  Juanita will do it.
  Greg and Ron can do all the +2 on reviews.

Docs Release selector (aka version drop-down picker) is working.
   One more review is WIP to fix API ref link on r5 branch.
   AR Mary document how to make updates for r6, etc in this etherpad:  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-doc-admin