[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Nov 17, 2021)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Nov 17 15:43:09 UTC 2021

>From today's meeting...

* Standing Topics

    * Build/Sanity

        * build is back to ok now, the recent container build issues have all been resolved now

        * sanity got back to Yellow, then immediately back to Red
            * from http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-November/012416.html
                * The only configuration which passed is Virtual Simplex.
                * Many configurations are affected by LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1951245
                    * stx-openstack apply is stuck at 53%. Error while installing release osh-openstack-pci-irq-affinity-agent: grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError
                        * Thiago (OpenStack) will take this
                * Observed on Virtual Standard Ext config LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1951242
                    * Alarm 800.011 Loss of replication in replication group group-0: no OSDs. Can not associate to a rootfs disk
                        * Delfino (Ceph) will take this one

    * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention

        * Thiago has some reviews that OpenStack wants to complete before final compile - needs reviews from stx-config & distcloud
            * https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/config/+/815073 (adaptation mode for new containerized version of pci-irq-affinity-agent to allow StarlingX update from 5.0 to 6.0)
            * https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/config/+/814670
            * https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/distcloud/+/814672

    * Topics for this Week

        * Gerrit Training (Mary Camp)
            * The StarlingX Docs team is holding a Gerrit training session for Docs reviewers on Wed. 17 Nov. at 3:30 pm US Eastern (1930 UTC).  [This is the docs team meeting slot]
            * We will show the Gerrit user interface, how to view and add your own comments, and how to view the HTML output.
            * We'll end with hands-on edits of a practice review. All StarlingX community members are welcome to join us!
            * Zoom details:  https://zoom.us/j/342730236?pwd=N21CUXNXVlJXMlcyZjZ0SE96cVNjQT09

* ARs from Previous Meetings
    * nothing to discuss this week

* Open Requests for Help

    * How to enable monitoring with prometheus
        * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-November/012405.html
            * Bill will respond
            * Delfino noted this folder which may be of interest https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/master/monitoring/prometheus
            * Greg noted that we should ask him if he's using Ceph or Rook