[Starlingx-discuss] Bi-Weekly StarlingX OS Distro & Multi-OS Meeting Minutes: Nov 24, 2021

Wed Nov 24 15:24:41 UTC 2021

11/24/2021
Agenda Items: None
Attendess: Bill Z., Charles Short, Frank M., Scott L., Davelet P.,
            Mark A. + others
            (sorry, attendance was not fully captured)

1. Outstanding reviews
   - Nothing blocked
   - for open reviews please visit
     - https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/kernel+status:open
     - https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/integ+status:open
     -
https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%2522debian-build%2522+(status:open)

2. 5.10 for STX 6.0
   - "real world" performance data incoming, some issues found which will
     be worked on

3. Build system
   - cyclical dependency handling - pushing for 2 pass (auto) solution,
     avoid config file, discussions continue
   - downloads and storage of 3rd party release tarballs discussions
     underway
     - need for additional artifact storage or is orig.tar in Debian repo
       sufficient?
   - "Organizational builds" - K8s or STX instead of Minikube in planning

4. Debian packages/packaging
   - Handling of raw orig.tar additions process being reviewed. We are
     hoping to continue to support the functionality but need to modify
     the way we do things as the orig.tar must not be modified.
     - https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/root/+/81820