[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 06-Oct-21

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 7 12:51:04 UTC 2021

On 2021-10-06 23:25:40 +0000 (+0000), Camp, MaryX wrote:
[...]
> Theme issues with Heading1 in index files.
> This one is OK: https://docs.starlingx.io/node_management/index.html
> But these are not:
> https://docs.starlingx.io/node_management/kubernetes/index.html
> and https://docs.starlingx.io/node_management/openstack/index.html
> Maybe that's a clue?
>
> It seems like the recent theme updates to fix the double heading
> may be causing this? Confirmed that the headings are in the HTML.
> For example:
> <h1>Manual software updates<a class="headerlink" href="#manual-software-updates" title="Permalink to this headline">¶</a></h1>
>
> Probably need help from Jeremy or someone on the theme team to
> help fix this for the long-term. Openstack theme version - if we
> roll it back, then we get the double-headings back again. Not a
> great plan. One workaround would be to add Ron's Python script to
> the STX tox to fix it in post-processing. Ron will look and see if
> there is more of a pattern to figure out a workaround.

I'm missing some context here, but after comparing your examples I
think what you're saying is that the problem examples show more than
one H1 level heading, rather than making the subheadings H2 level.
Is that an accurate summary?

> Zuul is having issues. Juanita has a review number for us to look
> at.
[...]

I'm also happy to look at any Zuul problems, if you need a fresh
pair of eyes. A recap of what these issues are would be cool.
--
Jeremy Stanley