[Starlingx-discuss] Recent changes in sub-project structure - IMPORTANT

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 19:25:01 UTC 2021

Hi All,

As a follow up to the recent PTG discussions I went ahead and made the changes in the projects.yaml file under the governance repository to reflect on the changes in the sub-project structure.

In light of the above referred decisions, the list of the current StarlingX sub projects is the following:
* Build
* Containers (Container Platform)
* Distcloud (Distributed Cloud)
* Distro
* Docs
* Flock-Services (StarlingX Flock Services)
* Networking (StarlingX Networking)
* Openstack-Distro (StarlingX Openstack Integration)
* Release
* Security
* Test

Beyond the above, the 'starlingx/openstack-armada-app’ repo is now under the oversight of the Openstack-Distro project.

__Please note that the above changes are effective now and therefore affect the election process as well. We will be electing Project and Technical Leads for the sub-projects in the above list only!__

In addition, there are plans to create a Storage sub-project. It is still under construction and will be reflected in the projects.yaml file once the details around the new project team have settled. The storage sub-project will not be part of the election process starting next week (on October 26th), we will elect those leadership positions in the fall elections in 2022.

Please respond to this thread if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó